- Giant Ledge, Slide Mtn. Wild Forest Preserve
Easy access moderate/difficult trail. Leads to Panther
Incredible view looking east towards the Ashokan Reservoir and the
Hudson River Valley.
Trailhead 2 miles from Full Moon.
- Slide Mountain Highest peak in the Catskill Mountain
Easy access route trailhead 4 miles from Full Moon.
Dept. of Environmental Conservation Website with trail
- Visit the Catskills hiking Guide Website with hiking guides
for the Catskill Region.
- Belleayre Mountain,
Highmount, NY. Marked trail in the woods and a hike to the summit
for a sweeping view of mountains below.
845-254-5600 15 minutes from Full Moon.
- Dry Brook Ridge Wild Forest, Margaretville, NY.
Marked hiking trails to summit with dramatic 180 degree panoramic
views.845-255-0752 About 20 minutes from Full Moon
- Ski Plattekill,
800-GOTTA-BIKE Drivng time: 30 minutes from Full Moon.
Mountain, Hunter, NY. Approximately 45 minutes from Full
- Hanah Country Club, Margretville. NY. 18-hole
course, recently renovated. Driving time: 30 minutes from Full
- Shepard Hills, Roxbury, NY. Bent-grass 9-hole course
with majestic views. 607-326-7121 Driving time: 30 minutes from
- Windham Country Club, South St., Windam,
18 hole 6200 yd par 71 PGA approvedgolf course.
Riding carts, club rentals, a pro shop,restaurant, bar, and
518-734-9910 Approximately 55 minutes from Full Moon
- Christman's Windham House, Rt 23, Windham, NY.
18 hole golf course.
518-734-4230 Approximately 55 minutes from Full Moon
- 18-hole miniature golf course,
Windham Theatre & Auction Center, 11 Vets Road, Windham, NY.
518-734-6110 Approximately 55 minutes from Full Moon
Tinker Tube, Bridge St. Phoenicia, NY.
Tubing on the Esopus Creek.
About 15 minutes from Full Moon
- Sanfords Horse Farm, Margaretville, NY. 845 586 2985
Drivng time: 30 minutes
- Green Heron Farm, Woodstock, NY. 845 246 9427 Drivng
time: 30 minutes
- Delaware-Ulster Rail Ride, Rt 28 Arkville,
An hour long trip on a vintage 1900's train featuring picnic
facilities, gift shop, exhibits,open air coaches and other
800-225-4132 About 20 minutes from Full Moon
- Catskills Mountain Railroad, Mt Pleasant, NY.
Eco-tourist's delight along the scenic Esopus Creek
845-688-7400 About 20 minutes from Full Moon